In March of 2012 I decided to start logging my hikes for reference. The directions are based on coming from Bolton, Ontario. Originally, I had all the hikes on a single page, but it has certainly become a long unruly mess.... so I've given each hike their own page. Enjoy!
Tags: hikes, hiking, Caledon, Bolton, East Caledon, Bruce Trail, Palgrave, Humber Valley Heritage Trail, HVHT
Note: Times and distances are approximate and we typically very fast walkers. ;)
Hike Difficulty Ratings:
Easy to be flat/road walk/ most of the TransCanada Trail would be easy.
Intermediate has some hills.
Challenging has a lot of hills or a few monstrous hills.
Town of Caledon has posted an area hiking map. Pretty cool stuff. Find it here. (Worked as of April/2018)
Completed hikes, thoughts & information:
- Trans Canada Trail
- Whoa! What a find! A list from national geographic of the World's Best Hikes!
- wanderingoutside - Cool ideas
- Felker's Falls (Hamilton) Map
- Day Hike Idea: Crawford Lake and Rattlesnake Point
- Hilton Falls | Hilton Falls Map
- Grand Bend
- Ontario Waterfall and Hiking
- Beaver Valley
- Hoggs Falls
- Eugenia Falls to Hogg's Falls
- Eugenia Falls
- Terra Cotta Waterfalls